Jiangsu Shangyong New Material Co., Ltd, with professional cmc food grade factory, is a leading China cmc food grade manufacturer and supplier, we are able to offer you best price products. 1.Food grade sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is made from...
Jiangsu Shangyong New Material Co., Ltd, with professional cmc food grade factory, is a leading China cmc food grade manufacturer and supplier, we are able to offer you best price products.
1.Food grade sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC)
Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is made from natural cotton fibers, through etherification, purification and drying process. Sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) appears to be white powder or granules, with good water solubility, having the functions of thickening, stabilizing emulsifying and suspending in aqueous solution.
In the food industry CMC used as a good emulsion stabilizer, thickener, excipient, expanding agent, moisture sustainer, etc. When adding CMC to the food products, it can improve the foods’ flavor and smooth feeling, extend the shelf life. According to it’s properties, CMC can be widely used in the production of ice-cream, jelly, beverage, syrup, bread, yogurt, instant noodles, biscuit and other flour products.
Name: Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC)
Other name: Sodium Carboxymethyl cellulose (SCMC); Na-CMC; Carboxy Methyl Cellulose; sodium salt of Carboxymethyl Cellulose; Carboxymethylcellulose sodium; CMC sodium salt; Cellulose carboxymethyl ether sodium salt;
Molecular formula: C8H16NaO8
CAS No.: 9004-32-4
HS CODE: 39123100
1) Structure bulking. CMC can improve food inflation.
2) Thickening and improving flavor.CMC can obtain higher viscosity under low concentration, which can control the viscosity in the process of food processing, at the same time give the lubrication.
3) Moisture sustainer. As a kind of high molecular weight of cellulose derivatives, CMC has a large number of hydrophilic group in its molecular chain. So it has good water retention.
4) Suspending.CMC acts as suspending agent in many foods field such as fruit drinks.
5) Bonding.CMC can improve the performance of starch food, prevent aging and dehydration, control viscosity of the paste. So CMC can be widely used in instant noodles, bread, etc.
6) Peptizing.CMC can compatible with most of water-soluble nonionic gel and anionic gel.
7) Physiologically inert: CMC as a food additive has no caloric value and can not be metabolized
a)Finely powder and low free fibers
b)High transparency of the solution
c)Resistance to salt and acid
d)Easy soluble in water
5. Technical index.
Viscosity (cps) 1%.25°C Brookfield
Degree of Substitution
Loss on drying %
PH 1% solution
Total plate count
* Indicates 2% water solution viscosity
Copyright © Jiangsu Shangyong New Material Co., Ltd